50+ videos Play all Mix - Dave Verellen from Botch & Narrows - Episode 111 YouTube Rig Rundown - Minus the Bear 2018 - Duration: 32:27. Premier Guitar Recommended for you. American metalcore band formed in 1993 in Tacoma, Washington. The band, featuring Brian Cook, Dave Knudson, Tim Latona and Dave Verellen, spent four years as a garage band and released several demos and EPs before signing to Hydra Head Records. Deathcave & Botch/Narrows’ Dave Verellen team up on “The Road” (listen) “The Road” is the second single off Deathcave's upcoming debut album, which was produced by Dave.
|Studio album by|
|Released||February 28, 2012|
|Producer||Matt Bayles, Narrows|
Painted is the second studio album by the international rock band Narrows. The album was released on February 28, 2012 through Deathwish Inc.. To promote Painted, prior to its release Narrows previewed the tracks 'Under the Guillotine' and 'Absolute Betrayer'. A music video was also made for the song 'TB Positive'.
In 2011, Narrows guitarist Jodie Cox, who lives in England, was denied access to the United States. Cox's guitar parts were recorded by Wayne Pennell at Bunker Studios in Brentford, England and sent to the rest of the band over the internet. Matt Bayles tracked the rest of the album at Red Room Studio in Seattle, Washington. Cox described the process, which involved communicating with the rest of the band through the online video service Skype, as being 'a frustrating and challenging experience.'
All songs written by Narrows, except for '**** *** ******' written by Boz Boorer and Morrissey.
- 'Under the Guillotine' – 3:38
- 'TB Positive' – 2:01
- 'Absolute Betrayer' – 2:55
- 'Greenland' – 8:06
- 'It's the Water' – 2:10
- 'Face Paint' – 2:02
- 'Final Mass' – 2:22
- 'SST' – 3:26
Vinyl edition bonus track
- '**** *** ******' (hidden track after a locked groove)
Painted personnel adapted from vinyl liner notes.
- Jodie Cox – guitar
- Ryan Frederiksen – guitar
- Rob Moran – bass guitar
- Sam Stothers – drum kit
- Dave Verellen(credited as 'Dr. Dave Verellen') – vocals
- Matt Bayles – additional guitar on 'Greenland' and 'SST'
- Josh Billsetin – additional vocals
- Mike Cooper (Roy) – additional vocals
- Ben Verellen(Harkonen, Helms Alee, Roy) – additional vocals
- Matt Bayles – production, engineering, mixing, mastering
- Narrows – production
- Wayne Pennell – additional recording in the UK
- Ryan Frederiksen – art direction, design
- David Smith – photography
- Tamera Von Tart – makeup
- ^'Painted Reviews, Ratings, Credits, and More'. Metacritic. CBS Interactive. Retrieved October 15, 2012.
- ^Pfleider, Adam (February 28, 2012). 'Review: Painted'. AbsolutePunk. Buzz Media. Retrieved March 12, 2012.
- ^Schreurs, Jason (2012). 'File Under: Nightmare-core'. Alternative Press. Retrieved March 12, 2012.
- ^Rauf, Raziq (March 12, 2012). 'Review: Painted'. BBC. Retrieved March 12, 2012.
- ^Grow, Kory (March 12, 2012). 'Review: Painted'. Spin. Retrieved March 29, 2012.
- ^ abAdams, Gregory (December 22, 2011). 'Narrows Announce 'Painted''. Exclaim!. Retrieved March 12, 2012.
- ^Colwell, Matthew (February 1, 2012). 'Narrows stream new track 'Under The Guillotine' and offer it for free download'. Alternative Press. Retrieved March 12, 2012.
- ^Flynn, John (December 21, 2011). 'Narrows announce album details, stream new song'. Punknews.org. Retrieved March 12, 2012.
- ^Rock Sound staff (February 13, 2012). 'Band of the Week: Narrows'. Rock Sound. Retrieved March 12, 2012.
- ^Carroll, Tobias (March 9, 2012). 'Interview: Intercontinental Hardcore Band Narrows'. L Magazine. Retrieved March 13, 2012.
- ^ abPainted (Vinyl liner notes). Narrows. Deathwish Inc. 2012. DW133.CS1 maint: others (link)